Saturday, January 29, 2005

Alias - 4x05 "Welcome To Liberty Village"

Now I'm not used to blogging about good episodes of Alias!

Much to my surprise, the Sydney/Von content did not ruin the episode for me, in part because the show treated it in this instance with levity, a quality sorely lacking in the series for what seems like the past three seasons. As soon as it became clear that the episode was parodying reality genres, I knew that it wouldn't be a stinker.

I also appreciated how the episode refracted Sydney and Von's identities under the guidelines of the mission -- these two American agents, pretending not to be a couple, pose as Russian spies pretending to be an American couple. That is, Syd and Von disguise themselves to be themselves more faithfully.

Not that I wouldn't want to see Von follow the show's pattern of revealing the significant others of principal characters to be skeevy traitors.

Indie rating: Eminem - "The Real Slim Shady" (Yeah, not too indie -- but then again, right now I'll take whatever good it can give me.)

No comments: