Friday, February 24, 2006

America's Next Top Model (Cycle 6) - HYPE

Here at T!YBE, I rarely if ever deal with the journalistic aspect of television blogging, mostly because I'm not in the so-called loop, for two reasons. First, I haven't the energy to go look for scoops and breaking news. Second and more importantly, I don't want to be spoiled.

However, in a cheap ploy to expand my target audience/get more random googlers (who, incidentally, really want to know about "yoanna haircut" when they click on my site), I will offer some tidbits about the upcoming premier (March 8, by the way). And before you read further, yes, there are very minor spoilers, and to give you time for the SPOILER WARNING to kick in, I'll say that I've been receiving cycle 6 promotional items for about a week, but I haven't done anything with them because some other bloggers are getting them and they probably have more witticisms with which to embellish pictures of 25-year-old Tampa waitress Mollie Sue.


"Hi yall! I'm Mollie Sue, and I'm aiming to be America's NEXT Top Model! But before you read on, BEWARE THE SPOILERS." (Sorry, that's the best I could do.)

AFTER THE MODELS BATTLE IT OUT TO MAKE THE FINAL CUT, THEY ARE SHOCKED TO LEARN THEY WILL BE GOING BALD, ON THE SIXTH-CYCLE,

TWO-HOUR PREMIERE OF "AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL,"

ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 8 AT 8:00 PM ON UPN


Supermodel Janice Dickinson Returns for a Surprise Guest Appearance
Other Special Guests Include Todd Newton, Rolanda Watts, Trey Smith, Tina Frazier and Trish Moreno

"The Girls Go Bald" -- After 32 aspiring models arrive in Pasadena, Calif., to face host Tyra Banks, art director of photo shoots Jay Manuel and runway expert J. Alexander, the field quickly narrows to 13 finalists, however, the finalists are given little time to settle into their posh new mansion in Los Angeles before Jay Manuel reveals in a jaw-dropping announcement that they will be bald for their first photo shoot, on the sixth-cycle, two-hour premiere of AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL, Wednesday, March 8 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on UPN.

Meanwhile, Janice Dickinson makes a surprise appearance, adding even more pressure for the 13 finalists as she leads them into a grueling press conference in front of TV personality and radio host Todd Newton ("E! News"); TV personality and actress Rolanda Watts ("My Wife and Kids"); "Access Hollywood" special correspondent and son of actor Will Smith, Trey Smith; news reporter Tina Frazier; and fashion industry expert Trish Moreno.


Indie rating: Drive Like Jehu - "New Intro"

No comments: