Saturday, October 10, 2009

Glee - 1x06 "Vitamin D"

1. If you enjoyed the last Glee episode in spite of its aimless narrative deficiencies, then that's what matters. Instead, giving it a B- is just a lot of concern-trolling over antiquated notions of canonicity, which is especially pointless since we're talking about a quasi-surreal program that appears in an ephemeral medium, and the appeal of which is quite far from traditional stately plump Quality.

2. I did not love how fast the girls' mashup was. I know the speed was appropriate given the context, but it was fast for fast sake, in my opinion.

3. I did love that huge chorus of harmonies -- totally righteous.

4. I still say that Pussycat Doll's "Halo" is better than Beyonce's. Timbaland 4ever.

5. O_O

5a. I could watch Jayma Mays bug her eyes out all day.

Indie rating: Mountain Men Anonymous – "XXIX"

No comments: