Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So You Think You Can Dance (UK) - Top 10 (1x06, 1x07)

I posted my thoughts on the dancing over at SYTYCD Social, if you didn't already read it. Three random observations after the jump.






When Arlene congratulated (and I use the term loosely) Lizzie for becoming a "real girl," she left me feeling nonplussed, because to my eyes, Lizzie looks like female to me. I understand what Arlene meant -- she appreciated that Lizzie could present herself in traditionally feminine terms -- and she apparently holds an old-fashioned view of femininity and gender roles. Nonetheless, I don't enjoy how the show -- this, the UK version, and the US version -- tries to dictate homogeneity of form, whether such form as gender, hip hop, etc.


I'm going to reckon that the reason Mandy keeps falling into the bottom is because the British public doesn't want to listen to her Yankee accent.

Indie rating: Oren Ambarchi - "Triste Part 1"

No comments: