Tuesday, August 16, 2011

SYTYCD Bookkeeping

Captain Save-A-Holmes here with a followup post of stuff that slipped my mind.

biki comments, "around the time of the top 6 or top 8, I decided Caitlynn looked a lot like Heidi G. when she smiled. what do you think?"


I kinda see the resemblance a little bit?


Ok, now I see an incredibly poor Photoshopping job?


momo comments:
Leee! thanks for sharing your showcase tango! I'll bet it was a huge adrenaline rush. I love when the ballroom crowd cheers on the dancers.It sure makes me appreciate how insanely talented these competitors are and how hard they have to work when I remember doing my baby showcase dances, and being so incredibly nervous I wanted to puke. But it was also so satisfying, it was addictive. Are you going to do another one?
Whoo. The adrenaline almost took my head off. I'd been working on two or three specific things with my teacher in the week or so before the showcase, and when I performed, I promptly forgot them all. Of course. And I was so high on adrenaline that I couldn't concentrate on any of the routines immediately before or after. I'd like to do another one if only because I know I can do better, but money (obviously) and time (I'm going to start on grad school (again) this fall, albeit part-time) are going to be exigent factors.

But on the other hand, I've never felt as in love with the tango as I have since performing.


OK, that horrible Photoshop took longer than I thought, so I'm going to have to shelve a few more things, like the animated gifs I inexplicably forgot to post from the finale, and a long-ago promised look at contestant ages (originally in comparison with the Oz version of the show).

No comments: