Thursday, March 17, 2005

24 - 4x13 "7:00 P.M.-8:00 P.M."

Ah, how I love genre television! 24 indulged in a Western shootout/last stand, and when I saw Jack, Paul "Look I found a new spine! Let me TILT MY HEAD OUT OF THE WAY OF JACK'S GUN SO'S HE CAN SHOOT THIS GUY WHO'S GOT A GUN TO MY HEAD" Raines (aka Paul "Let me thank you now for saving me Jack, because I have a feeling that I'm going to get gut-shot by a cliche" Raines) and new-found "Hey some of my best friends are" Arab-Americans battening down the hatches, I instantly thought: Heat (aka the second best movie ever, after this film) -- the shootout in the street! But for whatever reason, they decided to cut it short when in fact the cliffhanger that I thought would be more appropriate would have been to extend the firefight for another 5 minutes and end the episode with Paul getting shot in a more interesting and heroic fashion.

But whom am I kidding? Only primary characters get any sort of dignified send-offs, everyone else is just a tool to Jack's end. So yeah, I was a little disappointed.

Perhaps a bit late, but: don't click on that last link. (OH NO! FANFIC! OMIGOD!!)

Indie rating: autechre - "vletrmx (Plaid Remix)"

No comments: