Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Amazing Race - 8x01 "Go Mommy, Go! We Can Beat Them"

Aside from the advance complaints about the producers "dumbing down" the challenges on account of little brats can't handle the pain, one problem that I quickly noticed was that the sheer number of contestants made it difficult for me to keep track of everyone. I'm sure that the producers will resort to broad generalizations to characterize entire families.

Another problem with allowing kids on the program is that TAR now has kids. First, the Black kids. (And yes, Black is the family name.) At the end of the building challenge, the one task given to the younger one, who otherwise was seen goofing off, was to fill a bucket of water. Of course, he fails miserably at this labor and requires his dad to bail him out. But what burned me was that his older bro saw him floundering in the mud but didn't bother to go give him a hand.

And then there's that little Gaghan boy who was beyond annoying. His name's Billy, which is the most generic annoying brat name as proven by science. "Can I hold the flag? I'm very respectful!" I hope that someday he spends time at the Neverland Ranch. His little sister, on the other hand, outclassed him in just about every aspect of the race for my heart. Damn, that sounded creepy, but suffice it to say, she's infinitely cooler than him. Behold:

BRAT: Sorry I didn't contribute.
CARISSA: Get used to it, dork.

Beautiful.

Indie rating: Acid Mothers Temple and the Melting Paraiso U.F.O - "Hello Good Child"