Thursday, February 26, 2009

America's Best Dance Crew - 3x06 "Battle of the Sexes"

Everyone else is getting ready for the show tonight, but since I'll have to watch this online, I might as well get my licks in on Beat Freaks' awesome routine. (Incidentally, get it here (38 MB).) Although they're at their least convincing when they're downrocking -- their feet are kind of slow and they don't hit with the same extension and power that other b-boys have -- but the Freaks are so hot at everything else that I'm happy to overlook this shortcoming. I mean, the popping at the beginning? The routine could've ended right there and the girls would still have been safe. (Do I say that just because I love robots, i.e. am I a robosexual?) To top off their everything-else technique and choreo, Beat Freaks have a unified sense of style that stamps each routine with its indelible flavor all but that they can also change up from challenge to challenge with something entirely different = UNBEATABLE.

Indie rating: Labradford - "S"

No comments: